Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's On Your Nightstand (July)

What's On Your Nightstand is hosted at 5 Minutes for Books.

Kiss of Life by Daniel Waters. I am reading the second Generation Dead novel. I hope to get to the third, Passing Strange, soon. The books star a diverse cast of zombies differently biotic individuals. 30 chapters in.

Fire by Kristin Cashore. YA Fantasy. 18 chapters in.

Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher. Alternate Victorian historical setting. The synopsis (borrowed from B&N): In Violet Haberdasher's Knightley Academy, the first commoner accepted at a prestigous boarding school uncovers a conspiracy that could lead to war. 6 chapters in.

Venetia by Georgette Heyer. Regency romance novel. I am listening to this one and reading it. It is such a great read so far. 8 chapters in.

Emma and the Vampires by Jane Austen and Wayne Josephson. Paranormal retelling of Jane Austen classic. It releases mid-August, I believe. 4 chapters in.

X Isle by Steve Augarde. YA Dystopia. Synopsis (borrowed from B&N) Ever since the floods came and washed the world away, survivors have been desperate to win a place on X-Isle, the island where life is rumored to be easier than on what's left of the mainland. Only young boys stand a chance of getting in, the smaller and lighter the better... 1 chapter in.



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think I'd be much more productive if I read multiple books at once but it just isn't a forte of mine sadly. These re-tellings of the Jane Austen books all look so fun! Great list!

bekahcubed said...

Differently biotic individuals? Is that the P/C term these days? LOL!

I'm not sure what to think of the Jane Austen remakes--I'm somewhat of a traditionalist and zombies, sea monsters, and vampires don't really float my boat.

morninglight mama said...

I am so terrible at juggling multiple books... but if I had all the time in the world, I would love to just go through a book each day! :)

Enjoy your reading this month!
-Dawn, 5minutesforbooks.com

Julie P said...

I am a one-at-a-time kind of reader. I only have my current read on my nightstand....

Suko said...

I admire how you can read books "at the same time". The most I can manage is two--and even that's pushing it! :)

Upstatemamma said...

I just read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It was not excellent but it was fun. :)

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Hmm. I have Fire and Kiss of Life on my TBR pile at the moment, can't wait to hear what you think about them!