Saturday, July 10, 2010

Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (MG)


Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris. R.L. LaFevers. 2008. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 400 pages.

The lace on my party frock itched horribly.

Theodosia is back in her second adventure. The first being Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos. Theodosia is an eleven year old who takes advantage of her parents' neglect. She enjoys her independence. She needs time for her research. She needs her freedom to work undercover as well. Which is why Theodosia hates the fact that her grandmother is insisting on a governess. Theodosia doesn't need a governess to slow her down! How can Theodosia save the world, save Britain at the very least, if she is always being watched? And the world does need saving...make no mistake about that. Chaos is on the rise again in the second book. This time the 'magical' artifact--ancient Egyptian artifact of course--is a staff with the ability to raise the dead. Can Theodosia keep the staff out of the wrong hands?

I enjoyed this one.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

keepreadingon said...

Hey i'm new to your blog but I enjoyed your reviews :) I am making a blog of my own, kind of simililar to yours- execpt that that it will be directed to teens like me, who who love to read. I dont mean to be rude, or disrespectful but I would love it if you could support me and help pass along my blog info to others who love reading :)

Here's the link to my blog: http://pinkreaderr.blogspot.com/

God Bless you :)