Friday, January 13, 2012

The Cheshire Cheese Cat: A Dickens of A Tale (MG)

The Cheshire Cheese Cat: A Dickens of a Tale. Carmen Agra Deedy and Randall Wright. Illustrated by Barry Moser. 2011. Peachtree Publishers. 228 pages. 

He was the best of Toms. He was the worst of toms. Fleet of foot, sleek and solitary, Skilley was a cat among cats. Or so he would have been, but for a secret he had carried since his early youth. A secret that caused him to live in hidden shame, avoiding even casual friendship lest anyone discover--

I loved this one. I just LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. I loved Skilley the cat. I did. I loved his secret. I loved the mice in the book. I especially loved Pip. I loved the adventure in this book. How Skilley and the mice worked together to save Maldwyn. And I loved the occasional appearances of humans in their lives--particularly that of Charles Dickens and Wilkie Collins!

The Cheshire Cheese Cat: A Dickens of a Tale is a fun, charming children's book. It's such an enjoyable read. I definitely recommend it!!!

Read The Cheshire Cheese Cat: A Dickens of a Tale
  • If you like OR love cats
  • If you like stories starring mice
  • If you like animal fantasies
  • If you like funny, charming, cute children's books
  • If you like Charles Dickens
© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Annette said...

This book sounds so cute! Love the front cover, the artwork is really eye-catching---or mouse-catching.

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

I loved this one, too!