Sunday, December 16, 2007

Zora Neale Hurston Mini-Challenge


Read 1 to 3 books by Zora Neale Hurston. (It really is fine just to read one.)
This mini-challenge runs from January 1, 2008 to March 31, 2008.
This challenge would go great with those in Melissa's Expanding Horizons challenge.
To sign up for this challenge just leave a comment on this post...

Here are some of the options available:


Their Eyes Were Watching God every_tongue_lg.gif dust tracks on the road Mule Bonemulesandmen.gif Jonah's Gourd Vinetellmyhorse.gif seraphonthesewanee.gifMoses Man of the Mountainwhatthehurryfox.gifsixfools.gifthreewitches.gifliesandtalltales.gifskulltalksback.gif

http://www.zoranealehurston.com/

Book CoverBook CoverBook CoverBook CoverBook CoverBook CoverBook Cover

Any book by or about Zora Neale Hurston will qualify for the challenge.

Juliette's thoughts on Their Eyes Were Watching God.

Mandy's thoughts on three ZNH books

Becky's thoughts on Their Eyes Were Watching God.

Chris' thoughts on Their Eyes Were Watching God.

10 comments:

Kathleen said...

I've never heard of her but the books look interesting. I'm in. I'll post about it now.

Peaceful Me (Quo) said...

Can some of these be a re-read for you? I have read some of her works but it was many years ago. I would not mind re-reading a few.

Becky said...

Yes, Peace. They can be rereads. I haven't read any Zora lately--but in college I loved her. So I'm looking to reread some myself!

Renee said...

Just found your blog! I am enjoying reading your reviews. I'm def. going to do this challenge.

Anonymous said...

I loved Their Eyes Were Watching God! I think I'm going to do either Lies and Other Tall Tails or The Six Fools. I saw both of those at the library. Otherwise, perhaps her biography. At any rate, I think I would love to do this!

Juliette said...

Hi Becky - I have completed Their Eyes Were Watching God. Review is here http://juliette-m-m.livejournal.com/23548.html

Thank you for hosting - i am sure I will be reading more of her works :)
Julie
Oxfordshire England

Anonymous said...

I was excited to see this challenge and couldn't wait to be a part of it!!! I had heard of this author for many years, espcially when I was in college but failed to read one of her books. I just bought one at B&N the other day and I am aboard!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I'm anonymous but my name is Delores.....so count me in for the challenge. My user name is deldiva7. I don't have a blog but want to be identified. If someone can let me know how I can do that without having a blog, I will highly appreciate it.

Becky said...

I'm really pleased that blogger now uses "Open ID" which recognizes uses from many other sites. If you don't have a user ID with livejournal, wordpress, typepad or AIM, you can still use Open ID and just type in your name in that box. Or use the Name/URL function and leave the URL blank.

Amanda said...

Just completed this challenge!

http://readermandy.livejournal.com/8206.html