Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hans Christian Andersen Award Reading Challenge


Read books by authors and/or illustrators that have won a Hans Christian Andersen Award. See the list of winners below. This challenge has its own blog. Reviews will be submitted via Mr. Linky.

How many books? 4-8 is what I'd recommend as a "challenge" goal. More is welcome. Always. But if you can only squeeze three in...well, I won't turn you away. If you think you might be pressed for time, you might have two authors and two illustrators as your goal. The illustrated books will almost by necessity be shorter--picture books for example--although that isn't always the case. If you want to read four picture books, that's fine by me.

The time frame of the challenge: May 1, 2008 through May 1, 2009. A full year of reading. The 2009 makes this one so-not-intimidating, right?

Exception: If you've read a qualifying book after January 1, 2008. Then you may count it towards the challenge. (A meaning one or two at the very most.)

No list is necessary. But if you want to make one, I won't stop you. If you do make one, share the link (or the list) in the comments. Once you've made one--if you've made one--feel free to change it at any time.

No blog is needed to participate.

Audio books are okay.

Overlaps with other challenges are fine.

To sign up leave a comment here. Follow the link, please: http://hanschallenge.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lordy, you are the Challenge Queen!! I haven't read Hans Christian Andersen in years!

heather (errantdreams) said...

I had no idea there were SO MANY awards out there before I got so sucked into book blogs. ;)

chrisa511 said...

Becky! Seriously woman, you have to stop tempting me, lol! OK, so it's going to take me awhile to go through all of these and find books. I have one Maurice Sendak book though on my shelf called The Bat Poet that I've been dying to read. It looks and sounds gorgeous, so there's one!