Saturday, October 16, 2010

Library Loot: Fourth Trip in October

New Loot:

I Sing the Body Electric and Other Stories by Ray Bradbury*
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson**
Blackout by Connie Willis***
Lockdown by Walter Dean Myers****
Waiting for Odysseus by Clemence McLaren*****
The Lost Books of the Odyssey by Zachary Mason*****
Beowulf by Gareth Hinds*****
Muppet Robin Hood by Tim Beedle******
Muppet Peter Pan by Grace Randolph******
Muppet King Arthur by Paul Benjamin and Patrick Storck******
Muppet Show Comic Book: Meet the Muppets by Roger Landgridge******
Muppet Show Comic Book: The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson by Roger Langridge******
The Wind in the Willow (Illustrated Classics) Kenneth Grahame*******
The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg*******
Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg*******
The Hobbit: An Illustrated Edition by Charles Dixon*******

Leftover Loot:
Charlotte and Emily: A Novel of the Brontes by Jude Morgan
From the Dust Returned by Ray Bradbury*
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury*
Farewell Summer by Ray Bradbury*
Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
No Name by Wilkie Collins
Dead Secret by Wilkie Collins
The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood*****
Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld
Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin
Theater Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
Betti on the High Wire by Lisa Railsback
Heart of a Samurai by Margi Preus
The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett
The Stories of Ray Bradbury by Ray Bradbury*

*I am LOVING Ray Bradbury right now. I want to read anything and everything he's written. I am discovering just how GREAT short stories can be!
**In anticipation of Forge, the second novel, I am hoping to reread Chains.
***This will be my second Connie Willis. When I saw it was about time travel, I had to get it! There's a second novel that will conclude the story coming out soon.
****Because of the National Book Award Finalists being announced--Young People category, of course.
*****Because I enjoyed Gareth Hinds' graphic novel Odyssey so very much!
******Who knew that the Muppets now star in graphic novels?! I saw Muppet Robin Hood was a nominee in the Cybils this year, and so that's how I "discovered" these others.
*******Because I was in the graphic novel section and couldn't help browsing.

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I've been dying to read The Wind in the Willows again!! One of my favorites as a kid. Such a gem of a book, huh? And yay for The Penelopiad :D It's really good! It's the only Atwood I've read actually.

Mollie said...

The only Bradbury I've read is Farenheit 451, but it's one of my all time favorite books! And a classic dystopian, a book every book lover should read!

I'd like to read more of his stuff, eventually!