Saturday, October 09, 2010

Starting the Readathon

Today is the Read-a-thon!

Where are you reading from today?

my home

3 facts about me …
I love reading.
I love blogging.
I am NOT a morning person.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I haven't made a separate pile for the read-a-thon. Yet. But I'm hoping to read from some of my library books. Namely Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld, Inside Out by Maria Snyder, and especially Fahrenheit 451 graphic novel. I'll also be reading some of my own books.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
I'd love to read 1,000 pages. 

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Remember it's about enjoying books--not rushing through them. So if you're not enjoying a book--even if it's oh-so-short--put it aside. Find a book that you really, really want to read. Loving what you are reading will keep you motivated.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Have fun today, Becky! Unfortunately I can't participate this time around, but I'm having fun seeing what everyone else is doing!

Jan von Harz said...

Oh the places you will go today
The people you will meet
Your books will be your gateway
Adventure your retreat.

And if I may, I’ll follow
As you read and read so more
Until this day turns to the morrow
Cheering you on with a loud exuberant roar!

Best wishes all day through

Carina said...

Wow, I'll have to find a copy of the Fahrenheit 451 graphic novel! I've never read the original book, it intimidates me, but that might be a good place to start.

*shakes her pom-poms*

You've got some great goals there, keep reading and have fun!

Your Motivation Page said...

Great review. Whose interested about Halloween product reviews? Please visit http://www.thehalloween2010.blogspot.com