Friday, April 09, 2010

Book Blogger Hop: Readathon Edition


Today is Friday which means it's time for Crazy-for-Books Book Blogger Hop. This is my first week signing up (for this blog at least).

If you're new to the blog, you should know that it's all about books, all the time. I review a little bit of everything: MG, YA, Adult. Almost all genres: realistic fiction, historical fiction, science fiction, fantasy, romance, classics, etc. About the only thing you won't see covered here are westerns! Oh, I forgot, also no dead dogs.

Are you planning on participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon tomorrow? I am! And I'm so excited!!!

I don't know that I have an official plan.

I don't know about you, but I find it dangerous to make a stack of books too much ahead of time when it comes to the read-a-thon. If I had made a stack last weekend, I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to resist reading those books all week long. I just don't have will power. So while it's definitely not easy to hold off on making a list, making a pile of books, it's a bit wiser...for me.

These are just the books I'm considering. I've been known to stray off the list completely in the past.

The Thirteenth Princess by Diane Zahler (good for the Once Upon A Time challenge)


The Best and Hardest Thing by Pat Brisson (because it's a verse novel)


Gone by Lisa McMann


The Runaway Dragon by Kate Coombs (good for the Once Upon a Time challenge)


Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Leviathan


Olympians: Zeus: King of the Gods. (because it's a graphic novel)


A Nest for Celeste by Henry Cole


Splendor by Anna Godbersen


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

9 comments:

Rayna said...

I am doing the Read-A-Thon tomorrow too and was just poking around at other bloggers' piles A Nest for Celeste by Henry Cole looks like a cute/fun read. Good Luck tomorrow!

Serena said...

I make lists for the read-a-thon a lot, but then end up reading other books.

Vasilly said...

A Nest for Celeste, Will Grayson Will Grayson, and Gone all look so good! I have my read-a-thon pile picked out for the most part. Happy reading!

Teresa said...

Found you on the Hop. Good luck with the readathon.

Anonymous said...

Knowing you, Becky, and your amazing ability to read seven books to every one of mine, I'm sure you'll get your entire list completed (and then some!). Have a good day, as I'm anticipating it with you!

Anonymous said...

What fun, especially "The Thirteenth Princess"!

Anna said...

Have fun! I made a stack last week, and I've added to it! LOL Mainly because I'm going to be at Serena's house for the event and want to make sure I have plenty of options.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Amanda said...

I loved Splendor...and already miss those characters now that the series is over. Boo.

Beth F said...

Take twenty-four hours
And read and read all that day
Savor the moments

Haiku #3 inspired by Dawn @ She Is Too Fond of Books