Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-thon Midpoint Survey


Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves

2. How many books have you read so far? 4 books
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I don't know that I'm looking forward to any one book. I just like keeping it in the moment.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No. My whole day wasn't free. But I read when I could. Blogged when I could.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Some. I can't say I was always cheerful when interrupted. But. I wouldn't say I was grumpy either.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Nothing so far.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I don't think I'd change anything.

9. Are you getting tired yet? Not more than usual. 6 to 7 is usually my get-drowsy time. I almost never read during this part of the day because it would lead to naps. And I am not a nap-taking kind of person. But I always get more energy as the night goes on.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Not really. Feel free to skip around in your reading. Try on different books and see which one grabs you in that moment. You don't have to stick with a list of books you selected before hand. It doesn't really matter how long or how short a book you have, what really matters is how connected you are with it, how into a book you are.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I hope you make it through your sleep time. I don't do well with naps either! Here's a cheer to keep you going:

You can do it-
You're so hip.
Give that page
Another flip!

Halfway through
You're going strong.
With awesome books
You can't go wrong!

Serena said...

Looks like you are making great headway
Keep up the reading, don’t let that head sway
Eyes on the page and coffee in hand
You’ll be entering a new land.

GO READER!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

F-I-R-E up, that's the way we
spell Fire Up
Fire Up, Hey, hey,
Fire up
Go, Reader!

Readathon Cheerleader ;D

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I am SO an nap person! I don't think I'll make it the whole night but I'll sure try.

Becky said...

Natasha, I won't make it the whole night. I don't think I've ever stayed up the whole time.

I just don't have the napping gene. Instead of waking up refreshed and feeling better, more alert. I just end up feeling more tired, and cranky.

So the only time I nap is when I'm sick. Sometimes sleep is the only thing that will cure a headache.