Saturday, April 17, 2010

Library Loot: Second Trip in April

Well, it's the last day of National Library Week. I don't need any encouragement to use my local library. How about you?

I just love the library. I love the thrill of finding books. I love the thrill of carrying out bags of books. So much anticipation is involved. The books don't seem all that heavy on the way out. The return trip, however, the books seem very heavy. (I wonder why that is?!)

I love the library because it's one of the few places where it's okay to have little (if any) self control.

It doesn't really matter if I check out more than I can read. I don't feel judged if I return a book unread.

I feel comfortable trying out new (and new-to-me) authors, new genres. I feel comfortable taking chances at the library.

Why do you love the library?

New Loot:


The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner


The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner



Enclave by Kit Reed


Dracula: The Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt


Fifteen by Beverly Cleary


All-American Girl by Meg Cabot


Paisley Hanover Acts Out by Cameron Tuttle


Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde


Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford


Copper Sun by Sharon Draper



Fire From the Rock by Sharon Draper


The Battle of Jericho by Sharon Draper


November Blues by Sharon Draper


Is it Night or Day? by Fern Schumer

Old Loot:


Except the Queen by Jane Yolen and Midori Snyder


The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner


Lynn Visible by Julia DeVillers


Mercy Watson Thinks Like a Pig by Kate DiCamillo


Beryl: A Pig's Tale by Jane Simmons


Any Which Wall by Laurel Snyder


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

3 comments:

Berek said...

I check out hundreds of books every week, but then I'm the entire staff of a small public library in Maine. Since I write in the YA fantasy genre and am a firm believer in getting kids to read because it's not only good for them but fun, I (and my wife and daughters)all read extensively in the genre both as reviewers and recreational readers. This allows me to walk around the library with younger readers and make intelligent suggestions. There's no more satisfying feeling than having a 13 year old come through the door, slap down a book on the circulation desk and say, "This was great. What do you think I'd like now."

Anonymous said...

Fifteen is a fun read! I currently have Shades of Grey out from the library right now too!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I didn't see anywhere to post this so am doing so here. I have finished the 18th & 19th Century Women Writers Reading Challenge. My wrap up post is at my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books