Friday, June 03, 2011

48 Hour Readathon

While I'd hoped to have an earlier start time, it is what it is! I still look forward to reading some great books this weekend! I do love participating in the 48 Hour Readathon. I've read some great books through the years. The rules are listed here.

I'll be trying to read some ARCs and review copies. But I've also got some great library books checked out. I'm also in the middle of quite a few books, so I'll be finishing those up as well.

Start Time: 6:30 PM Friday
First Book Completed: True Grit by Charles Portis. I finished the last fifty or sixty pages of this one this evening. I did not read this one cover to cover during the Read-a-thon. But I did spend about twenty-five or thirty minutes finishing it up.
Second book completed: Our Only May Amelia by Jennifer Holm. I read *most* of this one tonight. I'd read the first sixty-one pages earlier--before the start time--but the rest I read tonight.
Third book completed: As I wake by Elizabeth Scott. I read all of this one for the 48 Hour Reading challenge. 
Fourth book completed: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I read all of this one for the 48 Hour Reading challenge. I completed both As I Wake and A Monster Calls on Friday night/Saturday morning. (10PM-1:30AM).
Fifth book completed: Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. I read all of this one for the 48 Hour Reading Challenge. I spent an hour and a half this morning. And about two and a half hours this afternoon finishing it up.
Sixth book completed: Legend by Marie Lu. (About three hours.)
Seventh book completed: Too Many Cooks by Rex Stout. (About two hours). 

End Time: 6:30 PM Sunday

Totals: 7 books, 15 hours reading, 3 hours reviewing.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

web said...

Enjoy your reading!

susan259 said...

Oh--True Grit--nice choice. Happy Reading.

Susan
http://readspace.net

Vasilly said...

Happy reading!

Beth said...

I really like Jennifer Holm. A great start to the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Did you love Beauty Queens? I thought it was hilarious! =)

MotherReader said...

I'll be interested in your take on Beauty Queens too. I've heard good things. Great job on your reading!