Saturday, June 18, 2011

SiS Readathon Update #10 and Mini-Challenge

Well, I've been able to do some reading today! I was beginning to worry that I might not get my focus back. I was able to read Psalms 26-50 in the NASB--14 pages; Back To School with Betsy by Carolyn Haywood--176 pages; and 303 pages of The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi.

It is now: 5:10 PM
Total Books Read: 9
Books Read From: 16
Total Pages Read: 2,215
Books Read Since Last Update: 1
Pages Read Since Last Update: 493
Total Time read: 715 minutes

The mini-challenge is to talk about the books we've been reading.

So far I've read two graphic novels (Squish and Babymouse), four historical fiction novels (Saint Training, Small Acts of Amazing Courage, William's Midsummer Dreams, Back to School with Betsy), two fantasies (The Rumpeltstiltskin Problem and The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic), and one mystery (Nemesis).

There were some funny parts in Saint Training. Here is a quote from the book--and the back cover.
Dear Reverend Mother,
My name is Mary Clare O'Brian and I am in sixth grade. I would like to join the convent right after eighth grade before I start liking boys too much. I'm already having problems with boys liking me. Gregory in my class throws spitballs at me and told my best friend he likes me. I haven't told him that I want to be God's bride yet. Do you think I should?
As for inspiring, well, my favorite would probably be Small Acts of Amazing Courage.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: