Quirky Girls Read's The Classic Bribe reading challenge. It is a summer reading challenge. A classics challenge. Though, for the record, I don't need to be *bribed* to read a classic. I happen to have a little weakness--you might have noticed--for bearded Victorians. (I *adore* Trollope and Dickens and Collins!) But I do read other classics too! I'm not obsessed only with Victorian lit!
This challenge asks participants to read at least one classic between June 1 and September 5, 2011. Books started before June 1 do qualify--but not books finished before June 1rst.
What I actually read for the challenge:
1. Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
2. Heidi by Johanna Spyri
3. The Story of the Amulet by E. Nesbit
4. Heidi Grows Up. Charles Tritten. 1938. 190 pages.
5. Heidi's Children. Charles Tritten. 1939. 255 pages.
6. The Light Princess. George MacDonald. 1864. 110 pages.
7. The Trumpeter of Krakow by Eric Kelly
8. Swift Rivers. Cornelia Meigs.
9. My Theodosia. Anya Seton.
10. Dragonwyck. Anya Seton.
11. The Boxcar Children. Gertrude Chandler Warner.
12. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. E. L. Konigsburg
13. The Book of Dragons. E. Nesbit.
14. Five Children and It. E. Nesbit.
15. The Phoenix and the Carpet. E. Nesbit.
16. The Story of the Treasure Seekers. E. Nesbit.
17. The Railway Children. E. Nesbit.
18. Grapes of Wrath. John Steinbeck.
19. Venetia. Georgette Heyer.
20. Further Chronicles of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
21. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. Jules Verne.
22. The Twenty-One Balloons. William Pene du Bois.
What I plan on reading for the challenge:
Evelina by Fanny Burney
Ruth by Elizabeth Gaskell
Miss Marjoribanks by Margaret Oliphant
a book (or two) by Wilkie Collins
a book (or two) by Anthony Trollope
© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews