I didn't read exclusively from my list. (I rarely do). And I've chosen some of my favorite spring reads to add to the post. The "not on the list" books are books I read during the time of the challenge that I hadn't planned on reading "for" the challenge.
My favorite book originally on the list would have to be The Last Chronicle of Barset by Anthony Trollope. (But I loved and adored Mansfield Park too. More than I ever thought I would. I fell for Henry Crawford, I must admit!!!)
I don't know that I could pick just one favorite that wasn't on the list! I mean that's why I'm including them here! So I can try to persuade people to give them a try. If I had to pick a top three from the not on the list it would be: The Golden Spiders. Rex Stout, The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic by Jennifer Trafton, and Doggirl. Robin Brande.
I do have an un-favorite. I just hated Bumped by Megan McCafferty.
From the list:
1. Mansfield Park. Jane Austen.
2. Jubilee by Margaret Walker
3. Persuasion by Jane Austen
4. Matched. Ally Condie.
5. XVI. Julia Karr.
6. Wither. Laura DeStefano.
7. Elizabeth and the Prince of Spain. Margaret Irwin.
8. Wickham's Diary. Amanda Grange.
9. The Throne of Fire. Kane Chronicles #2 Rick Riordan.
10. Bumped by Megan McCafferty.
11. The Story of Britain From the Norman Conquest to the European Union by Patrick Dillon.
12. The Last Chronicle of Barset by Anthony Trollope
13. Front and Center. Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Not from the list:
1. The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic by Jennifer Trafton
2. Doggirl. Robin Brande.
3. The Black Orchid. Rex Stout
4. The Silent Speaker. Rex Stout
5. Some Buried Caesar. Rex Stout
6. The Golden Spiders. Rex Stout
7. Death of a Doxy Rex Stout
8. Three at Wolfe's Door Rex Stout
9. Too Many Cooks Rex Stout
10. Fer-de-lance. Rex Stout
11. Kinfolk. Pearl S. Buck.
12. East Wind: West Wind. Pearl S. Buck.
13. The Virginian. Owen Wister.
© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews