Saturday, November 14, 2020

141. All I Want for Christmas

All I Want for Christmas. Wendy Loggia. 2020. 240 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: I should realize it’s a bad sign when I trip hard over the entry to Winslow’s Bookshop. “Whaaaaa!” I yelp as I give the typically sticky front door my customary push … and go unexpectedly flying into the store, the shop’s brass bell announcing my unceremonious entrance.

Premise/plot: All I Want for Christmas is a clean YA romance set during the holidays. Bailey Briggs, our heroine, LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Christmas. In her daydreams she's starring in a Hallmark Christmas movie. What she'd love for Christmas this year is a magical kiss underneath the mistletoe--preferably by someone who truly thinks she's amazing. 

She's always looking for that potential someone. Will it be the athletic classmate who is always making everyone--even the adults--laugh and smile? Or will it be the super-mysterious guy with a British accent? Jacob Marley or Charlie? 

As she gets to know both guys--or tries to--her heart is trying to tell her whom to choose....

My thoughts: I liked this one. I did. It was cute. It was sweet. It was only slightly predictable. (I guessed the mystery surrounding Charlie relatively early on--but I didn't mind reading on.) Overall, I think it would be an easy recommendation to readers--mainly younger teens maybe???--for readers who want some Christmas cheer with a large dose of sweet sugary romance. 

I am always looking for a CLEAN read, so this one worked for me. 


© 2020 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: