Saturday, November 14, 2020

1953 Hits Archive


Mom and I finished listening to the 1953 Hits Archive on the78prof's YouTube channel. Mom didn't love 1953 nearly as much as later years. I preferred 1951 to 1953, but I am still loving the early 50s.

For context: Billboard year-end top 30 singles of 1953Billboard number one singles of 1953;

I thought this time I would do a top ten list instead of trying to cover everything. 

Honorable Mentions: You, You, You by Ames Brothers; No Moon At All by Ames Brothers; I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me by Ames Brothers; My Lady Loves to Dance -- Julius La Rosa; No Help Wanted -- Rusty Draper;

  1. That's All -- Nat King Cole 
  2. Swedish Rhapsody -- Percy Faith
  3. Eh, Cumpari -- Julius La Rosa
  4. Istanbul (Not Constantinople) Four Lads
  5. The Typewriter -- Leroy Anderson 
  6. Love Me, Love Me -- Bobby Wayne;  Love Me, Love Me -- Dean Martin
  7. We'll Meet Again -- Vera Lynn
  8. No Other Love -- Perry Como
  9. Don't Let the Stars Get In Your Eyes -- Perry Como
  10. Many Times -- Eddie Fisher; 

 

© 2020 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: