Friday, November 20, 2020

1966 Hits Archive


Mom and I finished listening to the 1966 Hits Archive on the45prof's YouTube channel. I listened alphabetically by song title. I felt this was very very much a hit or miss year. I tended to have strong positive or strong negative opinions on most songs. And it felt like whole letters of the alphabet would go by where I just disliked just about everything. And then there'd be a string of songs in a row that I liked. So I can't say it was "bad" overall. I wonder if listening by artist would help??? 

The songs were definitely reflective of the many many cultures and subcultures of the 60s. 

Barbara Ann by the Beach Boys;

Born Free by Roger Williams

Bus Stop -- The Hollies

California Dreamin' The Mamas and the Papas. I Saw Her Again. Monday Monday.

Cherry Cherry -- Neil Diamond

Daydream The Lovin' Spoonful

GLORIA Shadows of Knight

God Only Knows -- The Beach Boys

Good Lovin' The Young Rascals

Good Vibrations The Beach Boys. Wouldn't It Be Nice.

I Am A Rock -- Simon & Garfunkel; Sounds of Silence.

I've Got You Under My Skin -- 4 Seasons; Opus 17; Working My Way Back To You

The Impossible Dream -- Jack Jones

Last Train to Clarksville The Monkees

19th Nervous Breakdown -- The Rolling Stones

Paperback Writer -- The Beatles; Yellow Submarine.

Somewhere My Love -- Ray Conniff & The Singers

Strangers in the Night -- Frank Sinatra; Summer Wind.

Sweet Talkin' Guy -- Chiffons

These Boots Are Made for Walkin' Nancy Sinatra

This Door Swings Both Ways -- Herman's Hermits

You Keep Me Hangin' On The Supremes



 

© 2020 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: