Sunday, November 15, 2020

1954 Hits Archive


 Mom and I listened to the 1954 Hits Archive on the78prof's YouTube channel. There were 187 songs and most were solidly good. (There were just a few we had to skip. I have a low tolerance for whistling.) For context, I'll provide the links for 

Highlights

Answer Me My Love -- Nat King Cole

Changing Partners -- Bing Crosby (there were three artists who sang this song)

Cuddle Me -- Ronnie Gaylord showing some signs of DOO-WOP

For ridiculousness I offer Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellen Bogen by The Sea by The Four Lads

A Girl, A Girl by Eddie Fisher -- silly and made me shout at the TV a bit

Half As Lovely Twice As True -- Frank Sinatra 

This is a CATCHY tune The Happy Wanderer Henri Rene Musette and Chorus.  

But not as CATCHY as this one Hernando's Hideaway -- Archie Bleyer

I LOVE this one, I don't know why, I Understand -- Four Tunes 

If I Didn't Care -- Hilltoppers.

The Little Shoemaker -- The Gaylords 

Mambo Italiano -- Rosemary Clooney

Mr. Sandman -- Chordettes

Papa Loves Mambo -- Perry Como

Secret Love -- Doris Day

Shake Rattle and Roll Bill Haley and His Comets

Sh-Boom -- Crewcuts and  The Chords

Sisters -- Rosemary and Betty Clooney 

Smile -- Nat King Cole

Sway -- Dean Martin

That's Amore -- Dean Martin

This Ole House -- Rosemary Clooney

Young at Heart -- Frank Sinatra


© 2020 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: