Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Sherlock Files: The 100 Year Old Secret



Barrett, Tracy. 2008. The Sherlock Files: The 100 Year Old Secret.

Much like The Sisters Grimm series only for young mystery lovers. Xena and Xander Holmes discover, shortly after moving to England, to London to be specific, that they are descendants of Sherlock Holmes. They "inherit" a book of unsolved cases, and decide to have a go with it.

It is the first in a new series. It's written for younger readers--those in the eight to ten crowd I imagine. It was a nice, fun mystery. I really enjoyed the premise.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hmm! That looks intriguing and like a fun read! I'll check that one out!

Tim A Martin said...

My daughter really loved this book! Did the author do a series of these? I'd like to get more for her. Thanks for the review!