Saturday, October 11, 2008

Need a book to nominate?

If you've already got a favorite to nominate in the YA category, then great :) Just double check to make sure it hasn't already been nominated, and it's been published between January 1, 2008 and October 15, 2008. The YA Category is separate from the science fiction/fantasy category. Just something to keep in mind. But if you were planning on nominating something, but found that someone else beat you to it...and now you're stumped and don't know what to nominate instead...then consider the following:


Word Nerd by Susin Nielsen
Winter War by William Durbin
The Latent Powers of Dylan Fontaine by April Lurie
Something Wicked by Alan Gratz
Hero-Type by Barry Lyga
Outside Beauty by Cynthia Kadohata
Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
Primavera by Mary Jane Beaufrand
Genius Squad by Catherine Jinks

Right now...I'd say that I'm at the point of *begging* someone to nominate Something Wicked by Alan Gratz. I am reading it right now and just loving it. Loving it. Something Rotten was one of the Cybils books last year, and I'd say this second book is even better...even more worthy of a nomination!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Hi Becky,

I haven't read any of those, and I've already put mine in, so I can't help you. But if you (or any of your readers) need a sci-fi/fantasy nomination, might I suggest The House of Many Ways, by Diana Wynne Jones, or The Sky Inside, or Cybele's Secret, or ...

How many are you folks up to? We have passed 100...

Alyssa F said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this kind of post. :-)

Abby said...

I just finished Bog Child and I love it, too!!!

susin said...

Becky, thank you for suggesting my book for nomination! I'm embarrassed to say I don't know what the nomination is for, but I'm glad you liked it, and it's great to see someone promoting YA fiction out there. Susin Nielsen

Sarah Rettger said...

Thanks for the needed memory-jog, Becky! I'd forgotten all about Primavera, but it's now nominated.

Abby said...

Becky, is Something Wicked eligible? Amazon says the pub date is Oct. 16...

Becky said...

You're right Abby! :( I knew it was October that it was being released. I *thought* it was a day or two earlier. Oh well. That and Paper Towns...I just want to bend the rules a bit.