Wednesday, October 15, 2008

National Book Award Finalists Announced

Laurie Halse Anderson, Chains (Simon & Schuster)
Kathi Appelt, The Underneath (Atheneum)
Judy Blundell, What I Saw and How I Lied (Scholastic)
E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks (Hyperion)
Tim Tharp, The Spectacular Now (Alfred A. Knopf)

The announcement is here.

I am super-super-super excited to see The Underneath by Kathi Appelt get this big honor! (How cool would it be if she won!!!) You can read my interview with Kathi Appelt here and here.



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Debi said...

Not surprising, I haven't read any of those yet. But Annie loved The Underneath!

What about you? I bet you've read them all, right?

Becky said...

No, just the one...so far.

The Underneath and the E. Lockhart books are the only ones that have been released--I believe--and the others will be out soon. I hope to get to them all as soon as I can though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the YA list; I'd only seen the fiction list posted.

Jena said...

Haven't read Chains yet, as it's not released, but I'm a loyal Laurie Halse Anderson fan and she's been getting so excited about this book release on her blog! (http://halseanderson.livejournal.com/) So I've got my fingers crossed for her, though I do hope to read them all to form a final opinion. I have the E. Lockhart book on my coffee table right now.

valentina said...

we just got a proof copy of Chains in the shop. I left it there considering I have lots of other books at home, but now I think I might give it a try. It must be good:D

Anonymous said...

The Writer read a middle draft (does that make sense) of The Underneath and was gobsmacked. Go Kathi!

Serena said...

I haven't read any of these books. Where am I? Living in a cave apparently.