Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Tale of Despereaux: The Graphic Novel

The Tale of Despereaux: The Graphic Novel. Adapted from the major motion picture and illustrated by Matt Smith and David Tilton.

What can I say about this one? I loved the original book by Kate DiCamillo. Loved it. So it's hard to love an "adapted" version of it. Honestly. I didn't dislike this one though. And if I wasn't familiar with the original, then I would probably think it was a good story. A bit unusual perhaps--a story about soup and mice and princesses--but a good story. Definitely a quicker read than the original. But it loses just a bit of the magic in the transition to a graphic novel. I'll be curious to see the movie though. And if the movie is good, then maybe my opinion of this one will change.

It's time for Carl's Mini-Challenge now. So I'm off to read Ink Exchange. :)

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Becky! You won! Check out the Hour 20 post at Dewey's for details, and email me with your choice!

wordlily AT gmail