Saturday, October 18, 2008

24 Hour Mid-Event Survey

Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now? I'm halfway through Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery. I'm not sure if I'll go back to it next or not. I may start something new.

2. How many books have you read so far? 4. If You're Reading This, It's Too Late; Anne's House of Dreams; Darkside; and The Knife of Letting Go. Three of those were books that I'd already had started. But I finished them up today.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I don't know. I'm looking for something special though. I'll have to go to one of my many boxes and pluck something out.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No. Not this time.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? The only interruptions have been to eat. And those haven't gone as smoothly as I'd hoped. But that's a different story :)

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? No surprises really.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? With so many participants, it's hard for there to be enough cheer for every reader. Not that I'm *really* complaining. Not at all. Maybe I remember the other readathons having more comments than they actually did. :)

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I don't know. This time I don't have a plan or a goal in mind. Very spontaneous this time.

9. Are you getting tired yet? Yes and no. Part of me thinks it would be smart to take a nap and get rested up and ready to do a second stretch. And the other half likes reading. :)

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? No. Can't think of anything.



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Marg said...

The list of people who are reading this time is really long! I am trying to go through the list from A-Z, and have been doing it for at least 90 minutes, and I am up to the Cs. I am also doing my bloglines feeds at the same time so that is slowing things down a bit (and is why I am back here again so quickly!) but still, there's a lot!

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited to read The Knife of Never Letting Go...I was really hoping it would just be an YA so we could read it for the Cybils, but too much of the Sci-fi element. Oh well... I'll get to it eventually!

Wendy said...

I'm not a cheerleader, but I'll give you some cheer! How are you reading so many books?!??! I have managed about 355 pages and finished one book. But, I'm still having fun. My goal is 500 pages, so I'm on target :) Keep going, Becky - you're doing fantastic!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my little contest earlier.

I'm gamely trying to cheer everyone once before midnight Pacific Time.

Keep on reading!!!!

Dewey said...

I think maybe you're right about people getting around to more readers when there are fewer participants. I wonder if you were reader of hte hour last time? That would make for LOTS of comments!