Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Sunday Salon: Accomplishments

So what have you done lately that you're proud and happy about? I'm still a bit happy that I actually FINISHED The Count of Monte Cristo. It was starting to feel a little like the book that had no end. My review of that chunkster is here. I also finished the A to Z challenge this past week. My X title. My U author. That was a big sigh of relief for me.

I've also been busy planning for Macbeth week. The last week of October, I've got BIG plans all Macbeth related. This is a multi-day event, and if you should want to join me, you're welcome to. Just read or watch Macbeth. Or read a Macbeth variation. :)

But coming up even sooner than that, I've got an interview with Kathi Appelt. The Kathi Appelt. Author of The Underneath. Tomorrow and Tuesday, I'll be featuring my interview with Appelt. Discussing her writing career. But mainly focusing on the novel The Underneath. I was super-excited to have this opportunity to ask her some questions about her book.

And I've got a handful of other author interviews in the works. Jessica James author of Shades of Gray. Frances O'Roark Dowell author of Shooting the Moon. Alan Gratz author of Something Wicked. Peggy Gifford author of the Moxy Maxwell books. And a handful of others. I've got interview questions to write for most of those. :) But soon, very soon, I hope to offer interviews with these wonderful authors for my readers!


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Congrats on finishing The Count of Monte Cristo and the A to Z Challenge! I'm stumped on a U author--I'll have to check out your choice.

Yasmin said...

Happy SS and I'm proud and happy that I finished 5 books last week and so far I've finished 1 for this week.
My reading mojo is back!