Thursday, December 11, 2008

BTT: Time

btt button

1. Do you get to read as much as you WANT to read?

(I’m guessing #1 is an easy question for everyone?)

2. If you had (magically) more time to read–what would you read? Something educational? Classic? Comfort Reading? Escapism? Magazines?


I do get to read as much as I want. I read anywhere from two to six hours a day. Sometimes more if its for the 48 or 24 Hour Readathon. Or if its Cybils time. I'm fortunate in a way that I have time to read.

But just because I do have hours to spend each day doesn't mean that it's enough time to read all that I want to read. I will always want to read more books than I've got time for. I have thousands of books waiting to be read. Thousands. And while eight to ten books a week is good--really good in some ways--it can't go through that stack of books fast enough.

I want to have time to read everything--soon to be released ARCs, newly released books (2008), the 2007 books I didn't find time for last year, the handful of 2006 books that are still waiting to be read, the books from the library that I check out because I've read reviews of them elsewhere on blogs, the classics, the comfort reads that I want to get back to, the books I need to read because they fit a particular challenge, the Christian nonfiction that's on my shelves and has been on my shelves for more than several years--some books have been there waiting for four or more years. And I want to get to everything. But it all has to be done one book at a time, one day at a time.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

8-10 a week? You inspire me! I'm glad if I can get 2-3 a week, on a good week!

SmilingSally said...

No one has enough reading time, and we all could use more to read what we like. Happy BTT!

Kathleen said...

Our answers are similar. I want to read so much there could never be enough time! My BTT is up

Jeane said...

Eight to ten books a week? wow. I wish I could read that many. I'm doing good if I get through two or three. I've never counted my TBR, but I'm sure it's in the hundreds.

Kim L said...

It's a rare person who finds that much time to read. I really wish I did, because you always read the awesomest books.

DesLily said...

I found myself wondering... what percentage of those books would you say were so enjoyable to you that you'd want to read them again some day??

Becky said...

DesLily, great point! As of Nov. 30th, I've read 377 books...my totals for the year will probably be around 400. I'd say, there are probably only ten or maybe, maybe fifteen that I'd ever want to go back and revisit.