Monday, December 15, 2008

Celebrate the Author: December Links

Once again it is time to share reviews for the Celebrate the Author challenge. This is our LAST month. Can you believe it!?

Remember you have until December 31rst to go back and catch up on those months you missed before the challenge ends.

To read the original post about the challenge, click here. You can read January's round up here. If you participated but your link isn't included, please let me know by commenting on that post. I'll be sure to add you in. You can read February's round up here. Again, let me know if I've missed your post. And here is the post for March. Again, let me know if I've missed you. Same goes with April. Same with May. Same with June. Same with July. Same with August. Same with September. Same with October. Same with November.

Laura has read Jane Austen's Persuasion.
Kim has read George MacDonald's Golden Key.
Janet has also read George MacDonald. The Princess and Curdie.
Book In Hand has read Two Little Girls In Blue by Mary Higgins Clark.
Mo chose to celebrate by reading Stillwatch by Mary Higgins Clark.
Tales of a Book Addict has read I Heard That Song Before by Mary Higgins Clark.
Wendy has celebrated with Jan Brett.
I celebrated Jane Austen by reading a YA biography of her life.
Callista has read Jan Brett.
Krin has read Desolation Island by Patrick O'Brian.

Don't forget to sign up for the 2009 Celebrate the Author Challenge HERE if you want to do this again next year. Next year's challenge will work a little bit differently.

The challenge now has its own blog. To keep me (and everyone else) up-to-date on your progress, you'll need to visit the challenge blog. I'll be posting round-ups there now.


Another change is that I'll allow you to read ahead--up to one month at a time. (You can read December's book in November, October's book in September, etc. But the challenge cannot be consider completed until December 1, 2009.)

Celebrate the Author Meme

Would you be interested in doing this challenge again in 2009?
What was your favorite book/author read during the challenge?
Did you read any authors you wouldn't have read without the challenge?
Anything you'd want to change up for the challenge next year?

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my December review for Jane Austen's Persuasion. I enjoyed the challenge!

Kim said...

I read a fairytale by George MacDonald. My review is here:
http://pageafterpage-kim.blogspot.com/2008/12/2-more-challenges-down.html

I really enjoyed this challenge this year. Thanks for hosting.
*smiles*
Kim

Grilsgood said...

I am going away for the holidays and dont'have a blog, so am postign them now: Here is my year:

Jan Coben, Harlan The Innocent,
Woods Stuart, The Prince of Beverly Hills
Wood, Stuart Beverly Hills Dead
1-1-59 Lippman, Laura Charm City
Feb Cornwell, Bernard Sword Song
Sandford, John 2-23-44 Phantom Prey
Mar Lindsey, Joanna The Present
Brown, Sandra Envy
Apr Beverly Lewis The Confession
Lisa Unger April 26, 1970 Beautiful Lies
Beverly Lewis The Reckoning
May Jeffrey Deaver May 6 Bone Collector
Eugenia Price died May 28, 1996, Where Shadows Go
Constantine Died: May 22, 337 Tracy, Kathleen The Life and Times of Constantine
David Guterson (born May 4, 1956 I have our Lady of the Forest
June Isabelle Holland June 16; Bump in the Night
Eugenia Price, born June 22; Where Shadows Go
Tess Gerritsen 6/12; The Surgeon
Philip Craig died June 8, 2007 Death in Vineyard Sand
Linda Lael Miller Knights
July Rosemary Stucliff d 7-23-92 The King and the Circle
Michael Connelly born July 21, 1956, Blood Work
Lisa Scottoline (born July 1, 1955 Moment of Truth
Sharon Sala = Dinah McCall 3; Snowfall
Dean R. Koontz, july 9 The Funhusue
born 7-11-1767 Souter, Gerry, Janet John Quincy Adams
b 7-6-51 Cheryl Harness The Remarkable John Adams
Kenneth Grahame July 6, 1932 The Reluctant Dragon
Aug Georgette Heyer 16 August 1902 The Conquerer
Marco Polo 9-15-1254 James Rollins Judas Strain
Sept Robert B. Parker (born September 17, 1932), Hush Money
Marcia Muller. Born, September 24, 1944,
Oct Nora Roberts Oct 10 Tribute
Ann Rule Oct 22
Wendy Corsi Staub Oct 29
Nov C S lewis Nov 22-
Charlotte MacLeod - November 12, The Palnce Guard
12 Wm H Hooks 398.0975 H; also H The Legend of the White doe
Dec 28 John D. MacDonald. Date of Death. The Long Lavendar Look

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

I completed this challenge with a reading of George MacDonald's 'The Princess and Curdie.' Here's the link: http://www.acrossthepage.net/?p=624

Thanks for hosting this fun challenge!

Becky said...

Congrats on finishing up the challenge!

Anonymous said...

I finished the challenge!

I celebrated Jan Brett this month with The Night Before Christmas. Here is my Christmas post.

Mo said...

My final selection for this year was also MHC, however I chose to celebrate by reading Stillwatch

This was my favorite challenge of the year; Thanks for hosting it Becky, and I'm already looking forward to 2009 selections!

Happy Reading, everybody!

Anonymous said...

For December, I was another Mary Higgins Clark reader! I read "I Heard that Song Before" Here's my link:
http://talesofabookaddict.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/i-heard-that-song-before/

PS-I switched over FROM blogspot TO wordpress, so if my blog looks completely different, that's why!

Kathleen said...

I read The Wild Christmas Reindeer and Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
http://smsbookreviews.blogspot.com/2008/12/wild-christmas-reindeer-and-gingerbread.html

krin said...

I read Patrick O'Brian's "Desolation Island":
http://krinek.blogspot.com/2008/12/desolation-island-by-patrick-obrian.html