Saturday, December 20, 2008

Comments?

I've heard from two people that they're having difficulty commenting on the site. But I know this problem isn't quite universal because I've been getting comments from others all weekend. This could be an issue with Google and/or Blogger--I have embedded comments, a relatively new feature offered from Blogger--or it could be an issue specific users are having with their browsers and/or computers. (Sometimes browsers, especially Internet Explorer can go crazy. And I've visited blogs where you could only comment if you were in certain browsers. I remember having to open a site up in Firefox so I could leave a comment. Anyway, long story short, if you ever have problems, let me know. I can't promise I can fix it. But I'll try.) If you are having difficulty leaving a comment--if the box isn't appearing, or if it is not allowing you to post, or if it's acting all weird on you, let me know. If I know this problem is widespread, then I'll be able to better decide if it's worth sacrificing the convenience and 'prettiness' of embedded comments for the more reliable full page or pop-up comments.

If you could let me know which browser and which post it would be helpful. Are you using a blogger/google id? open id? livejournal? wordpress? typepad? posting name/url? or anonymously?



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Serena said...

I haven't had a problem with your comment box as you know.

Nan said...

Hey Becky, I gave up my embedded comments because a few people just weren't able to leave one.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say I have problems - my comment generally doesn't go through the first time I push Enter - but the second time it does; so it's quite OK.:) L.

Jen Robinson said...

I haven't had problems. Hope you can work it out!