Thursday, December 04, 2008

War Through the Generations: WWII 2009 Challenge


How could I resist this one? Here's the challenge site. The rules: "To participate in the WWII Reading Challenge, you must commit to reading at least five books throughout the year. We plan to read more than that, and feel free to do the same! The books can be fiction or non-fiction, and they can be about any aspect of WWII. WWII should be the primary or secondary theme, and it doesn’t matter whether the book takes place during the war or after the war."

I'm committing to reading EIGHT books.

1. Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith
2. Veronica by Jane Claypool Miner
3. Tropical Secrets by Margarita Engle
4. In My Hands by Irene Gut Opdyke
5. Maus I by Art Spiegelman; Maus II by Art Spiegelman
6.
7.
8.

War Through the Generations WWII
Has its own blog
All of 2009
five or more books

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Anna and Serena said...

Becky: Thanks for signing up! You're officially in the drawing... I can't wait to see what books you pick.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for signing up for the challenge; I can't wait to see what books you pick too.

Monique said...

THat looks like its going to be an interesting challenge. I would sign up, but I have banned myself from joining any more challenges for 2009.

Serena said...

Monique: What's one more? You only have to read 5 books over 12 months...you can do it! Besides books can count for many challenges, depending on which books you choose.