Monday, December 08, 2008

Musing Mondays

Musing Mondays is an event hosted by Rebecca over at Just One More Page!



How long do you wait after finishing a book before you pick/start another one? How many books do you have planned ahead or do you pick up random books from your tbr pile (if you have one)? Do you review right away or keep reading and come back to it later?

It depends. I know it must sound like I say that about everything. But it's true. If I finish a book at 12:37AM, I'm less likely to pick up another one right after. As opposed to if I finish a book at 10:02PM. I don't have much room--to breathe or to think--between books most of the time. I go from one book to another to another.

Sometimes I review a book the next day. Sometimes--like for the Readathon--I review a book within thirty minutes of finishing it. Sometimes it takes me--gasp--a week to ten days to post a review. I still have a few books I read over Thanksgiving that I haven't reviewed yet. And we're entering dangerous territory. If I don't get them reviewed early this week, I'm going to start losing what it is I loved about them--or liked about them, etc. Everything starts to fade after awhile.

As for planning or spontaneous choosing...it depends. Right now I'm wearing the hat of a Cybils panelist. I have about fifty to sixty books that I can select from in my choosing. But I really need to keep reading the Cybils books. Of course, I just finished reading a Georgette Heyer book. And I need to read two books from my TBR challenge or admit defeat. And I need to read two books for the Celebrate the Author challenge. So I guess a mix of both is the honest answer.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I'm the same way when it comes to changing books. Unless I'm planning on going to sleep, I put down the book I finish and pick up the next one. My full answer is here