Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Salon: Challenge Addition

I've finished 72 challenges so far this year. I've got four still open through December 31rst. Of the four, I know I'll finish three. One I know is hopeless. I *should* probably have dropped out last spring once I realized I had zero motivation to read any of the titles.

My 2009 challenges so far...
  1. Decades Challenge (9 books)
  2. Casual Classics (4 books)
  3. TBR Challenge (12 books)
  4. YA Challenge (12 books)
  5. War Through the Generations WW2 (8 books)
  6. A to Z Challenge (52 or 26 books)
  7. 999 Challenge (81 books)
  8. Countdown Challenge (45 books)
  9. 18th and 19th Century Women Writers (12 books)
  10. Sarah Dessen (2 books)
  11. Daniel Defoe (2 books)
  12. John Steinbeck (2 books)
  13. Romance Challenge (5 books)
  14. Centuries Challenge (6 books)
  15. 42 Challenge (42 somethings)
  16. Themed Reading (7 books)
  17. Really Old Classics (3 books)
  18. Victorian (6 books)
  19. Daring Books (3 more books; 6 finished)
  20. Unshelved (3 books)
  21. Book Awards (7 more books; 3 completed)
  22. Hans Christian Anderson (4 books)
  23. Jewish (4 books)
  24. Arthurian (3 more books; 3 completed)
  25. Well-Seasoned (3 books)
  26. 1% Well Read (5 more books; 5 completed)
  27. Read Your Own Books (total list of books read that you own)
  28. Support Your Local Library Challenge (total list of library books you read during the year)
  29. Dewey's Books (6 books)
  30. Christian Readers (8 books)
  31. Audio Book (12 audio books)
  32. My Year of Reading Dangerously (12 books)
I'm sure I'll sign up for more. I've heard rumors of Carl's Sci-Fi Experience. And then there's his Once Upon A Time challenge...and the Spring Reading Thing...and the 24 Hour Readathon...and the R.I.P IV...and my own It's The End of the World...etc.



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

11 comments:

Ruth King said...

Wow, that's an impressive list! I'll be doing the Victorian Challenge, 100+ Books, R.I.P. IV, and maybe a couple of others. YA would be pretty easy for me, so I might think about that as well.

Lezlie said...

That's amazing, Becky!! I'm not sure I'll ever get up to that many, but I seem to be trying hard. :-)

You have a Merry Christmas!
Lezlie

Serena said...

Holy Cow! I am in awe of you Becky! Congrats on finishing so many! have a great holiday

Molly said...

You are such an inspiration! I have just learned about the world of book blogs and reading challenges, so I will try to start slowly and only sign up for 3 or 4 in 2009. I have great intentions of increasing my involvement through the years however, although I don't think I will every come near completing 75 challenges in 12 months. CONGRATULATIONS!!

samantha.1020 said...

Wow! I don't know what to say besides 72 challenges. Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Becky on finishing all those challenges!! That is really great!! I signed up for quite a few this year but am really focused on how I can get most of my books to cross post.....do you think that's cheating lol?

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

72 challenges?! Wow. That is awe-inspiring! The only challenge I completed this year was the 1% well-read challenge. (I only signed up for two though!)

Annette said...

Congratulations!
You and I are on some of the same challenges for 2009.
Victorian,Support Your Local Library,18-19TH Century Women Writers, Casual Classics, and War Through The Generations.

Kerrie said...

Yikes Becky. That is going to take some doing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! Dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas and was blown away by your 72 challenges done in 2008!!!

Just how do you do it???

Thanks for the list of 2009 challenges - will check them out too :)

Sandra said...

I'm in 5 or so of those you are doing. Nice to see someone else doing both the Jewish lit and your own Bible reading challenge. You are so organized. I'm having a hard time giving up reading time to write posts for those I've signed up for, let alone a post of the challenges too. Thanks for doing this though, I have found a couple more I didn't know about. Thanks...I think.lol