Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Planning for Weekly Geeks #27


I was thinking that it might be nice for those bloggers who are Weekly Geeks to pay tribute to Dewey in the next week or so. To take the time to post to their blogs a "Weekly Geek" post about Dewey--maybe share their favorite posts from her site, maybe share a memory or two about participating in weekly geeks, the bookworms carnival, the 24 Hour Readathon, or one of Dewey's challenges, maybe just share a favorite memory of Dewey in general, what they'll miss most, how they'll remember her, etc. I'm going to try to post mine this Saturday--but bloggers anywhere and everywhere are encouraged to post whenever they want.

If you're interested please SPREAD the word to all your blogging friends.

Note: You wouldn't have to have been an 'official' weekly geek to join in on this. New participants joined on a weekly basis. There was always room for more then...and now.

To join in on the Dewey discussion--how to honor her memory, keep her legacy alive...visit the Ning discussion forum here.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

20 comments:

Ana S. said...

I think it's an excellent idea, Becky. I'm about to post about it.

Anonymous said...

brilliant idea, I already posted my own little tribute post

<3

Kim said...

I love this idea and was thinking how sweet it would be if there was some kind of blog-wide tribute to her and all she gave to us as a community. I will blog about it tonight on my little site--not much traffic there,but someone might stumble on it! ;)
Kim
(page after page)

Anonymous said...

I just posted about this; I'll plan to participate Saturday as well.

Serena said...

I will gladly participate. I was mulling the idea around myself, but didn't know if anyone would think it a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to award you the bookworm award. http://emeraldfiresromancespot.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea, Becky. I'll mention it on my blog, and I'll definitely participate on Saturday.

Kristi said...

I think that's a great idea, Becky. I've been struggling with what to write since I found out yesterday, so I haven't done anything yet. I'm still a little raw, I guess. But I'll be there Saturday with my own little post.

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Becky, this is a wonderful idea. I think it would be lovely to hear everyone's thoughts on Dewey, I think I may blog about how much of an inspiration she was to me as a new blogger.

Chrisbookarama said...

Great idea Becky!

Serena said...

I've sent you an email about WG 27 from Literary Escapism

Lightheaded said...

I'll mention this in my blog Becky.

Anonymous said...

I've posted about this on my blog today along with other news about what is happening in memory of Dewey. This is a great idea, Becky!

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I haven't had a chance yet to post my own thoughts about Dewey so this will be the perfect opportunity.

Terri said...

Wonderful WG idea Becky. It would be good to have a central place to post our links on Saturday - or whatever day. Would you be willing to do that here? A Mr. Linky or just posting comments.

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I'm a weekly geeker and made some of the buttons Dewey used to promote it. On the suggestion of Raych at books i done read, I just made some buttons to remember our favorite blogger.

Melissa said...

What a good idea, Becky. I'll have to think about what to post.

Anonymous said...

just posted--thanks for doing this.

Melody said...

Thanks for this wonderful idea, Becky! I've posted mine here.

Dreamybee said...

Hi Becky,

I think this was a great idea, and a good way to pay tribute to Dewey. I just posted mine.

http://subliminalintervention.blogspot.com/2008/12/weekly-geeks-27-dewey.html