Saturday, December 13, 2008

Faith 'n Fiction Saturdays: Christmas Books edition


Welcome to Faith 'n Fiction Saturday where we get together and talk about our love for Christian fiction. To participate, simply write your answer on your blog, find the permalink of your post and then come enter the permalink into the Mr. Linky. (On My Friend Amy's site). Please also link back to this post.

It's Christmas time and one of my favorite things to do is read Christmas themed books. Do you enjoy reading holiday themed books? Do you have any special book you read every year? Do you have a special devotional you like to use? (not fiction..I know!) Have you read any good Christmas books this year?

Becky's Answer:

I do enjoy reading Christmas-themed books. One of the new Christmas books out there is Keeping Holiday by Starr Meade. I reviewed it on my blog Operation Actually Read Bible.

A classic that I love (and could easily reread every year) is Best Christmas Pageant Ever.

I just finished up the most wonderful devotional book--Come Thou Long Expected Jesus: Experiencing The Peace and Promise of Christmas. It's edited by Nancy Guthrie. I'd definitely recommend that.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I haven't read those, but I posted about this topic. Please visit.

Nise' said...

I could read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever every year as well! Our local community theater is doing the play. I am trying to get someone to go with me.

Wendi said...

That devotional sounds interesting - I didn't know there were any for the holidays! I'm going to have to go see if I can find it. Here's my answer!

:) Wendi

Pam said...

I love The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. It's one of my favorite childhood Christmas stories.