Sunday, February 10, 2008

Decisions on Group Reading...

It's been a few days since I posted my poll. And I appreciate everyone's input. The clear winner (so far) is Sense and Sensibility. But--and this is a big but--since it's not due to air for a while on PBS (March 30th and April 6th), I thought I would go with another book first. And THEN do Sense and Sensibility. (I'll post that schedule separately.) IF ALL GOES WELL WITH THESE TWO DISCUSSIONS. I'D BE MORE THAN WILLING TO CONSIDER "READING" ONE BOOK PER MONTH. SO MORE POLLS MAY BE COMING. IF YOUR FAVORITE DOESN'T WIN, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT WON'T BE CHOSEN AT ANOTHER TIME. (I'm thinking April and May could be GWTW. But just a thought.)

Where will this discussion take place? I'll be posting reminders and links here. BUT I've created a new site--a wordpress blog--just for my "online reading group." That is where the discussion will take place. So be sure to bookmark that site and add it to your feeds and all if you want to join in the discussion.

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston


Their Eyes Were Watching God

You might notice that some days seem (at first glance to be chapter-heavy). One day has "six" chapters, and one day only has two. But trust me, that it is spread evenly. Each section of reading is somewhere between 32 and 40 pages.

Monday, February 18th. Chapters 1-4
Wednesday, February 20th. Chapters 5-6
Friday, February 22nd. Chapters 7-12
Monday, February 25th. Chapters 13-17
Wednesday, February 27th. Chapters 18-20


"There is no book more important to me than this one."
- Alice Walker

You may read the first chapter online here.


No comments: