Friday, February 15, 2008

Quick Reminder

Starting Monday, February 18th, I'll be hosting a group read of the novel Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.

Unsure if you want to participate? Read the first chapter online here. Listen to an excerpt from the audiobook here. Read about the book on The Big Read (National Endowment for the Arts) site.

Where will this discussion take place? I've created a new site--a wordpress blog--just for my "online reading group." That is where the discussion will take place. So be sure to bookmark that site and add it to your feeds and all if you want to join in the discussion.

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston


Their Eyes Were Watching God

You might notice that some days seem (at first glance to be chapter-heavy). One day has "six" chapters, and one day only has two. But trust me, that it is spread evenly. Each section of reading is somewhere between 32 and 40 pages.

Monday, February 18th. Chapters 1-4
Wednesday, February 20th. Chapters 5-6
Friday, February 22nd. Chapters 7-12
Monday, February 25th. Chapters 13-17
Wednesday, February 27th. Chapters 18-20


"There is no book more important to me than this one."
- Alice Walker

1 comment:

Emma said...

Eek, I don't think I'm going to make this one (didn't arrange copy in time etc). But I'll definitely be up for future group reads!