Friday, February 29, 2008

Sci~Fi Experience Wrapup

I always, always enjoy myself when participating in one of Carl's challenges. I loved the Sci-Fi Experience challenge. Everyone's reviews can be found here. My favorites this time around include Foundation and Empire by Isaac Asimov and The Accidental Time Machine by Joe Haldeman. I chose those two as favorites because they were both by new-to-me authors. The Dead and The Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer was an excellent book, but I expected it to be wonderful! Susan Beth Pfeffer is a must-read! If anybody is interested in reading Life As We Knew It, I would encourage you to participate in my online reading group. There is a poll going on now to determine if it will be an April or May selection.

Isaac Asimov:
Prelude to Foundation
Foundation
Foundation and Empire
Second Foundation
Foundation's Edge
Foundation and Earth


Joe Haldeman:
The Accidental Time Machine
Old Twentieth

Susan Beth Pfeffer
The Dead and Gone

No comments: