Ever so often, I've been making lists of my favorite books that I've reviewed this year.
I've read 57 picture books...so here are my top five...
Little Mouse's Big Book of Fears by Emily Gravett
No, That's Wrong! by Zhaohua Ji and Cui Xu
Monkey and Me by Emily Gravett
The Story of Growl by Judy Horacek
Help Me, Mr. Mutt by Janet and Susan Stevens
I've read 192 fiction books (early readers through YA)...so here are my top nineteen...
1. The Humming of Numbers by Joni Sensel
2. I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin
3. Unraveling by Michelle Baldini and Lynn Biederman
4. Ten Cents A Dance by Christine Fletcher
5.Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
6. Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
7. Something Wicked by Alan Gratz
8. Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Writing Thank You Notes by Peggy Gifford
9. Zombie Blondes by Brian James
10. Girl, Hero by Carrie Jones
11. Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell.
12. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
13. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson
14. The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry
15. The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
16. Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
17. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
18. The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
19. Cicada Summer by Andrea Beaty
I've still only read 7 poetry books...1 favorite...
Becoming Billie Holiday by Carole Boston Weatherford.
I've read 13 nonfiction books...1 favorite...
The Trouble Begins at 8 by Sid Fleischman. (Review coming tomorrow!)
© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews