Saturday, November 29, 2008

Apologies

Chances are if you've tried reading my blog (as opposed to rss feed) you've noticed I've been making changes like crazy. For the past hour--maybe a little less--I've experimented with backgrounds. While each change only took a few minutes--it was either love or hate from the start--there were times when my blog was completely unreadable due to the background and font colors not working together. It was a temporary problem, but unless you've gone through the same madness on your own blog...I don't know if you can relate. :)

Anyway, things are back. Slightly different. And I'm still not sure if I'll keep this new header or go back to the old one...but I promise not to change the background for at least a month or two.

What do you think? Header wise I mean.



The first one had about six or seven hours of published time--until about three minutes ago. The second had about twelve hours of published time (between midnight and noon). But I decided that while the font was pretty--it wasn't that readable. The third was what I had before. I've had it at least six months.



© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

11 comments:

Zoe said...

I like the font on the third one, but the pictures on the first and second ones.

RR2 said...

I like the first one! :)

Anonymous said...

Becky - I like the first one, but not sure about the dark print over the pictures. I think it takes away from the beautiful pictures.

Serena said...

I love the one at the top now. I think the five pictures in the first one is too distracting...I lose track of the site's name.

I liked the second one, but I agree the font is off.

Anonymous said...

I like the one you have right now! (the first one). and I LOVE your background now!!! it's adorable.

Kathleen said...

I like the one you have right now (but that's not hte first one right? YOur current one has 4 pics and the first one shown has 5 pics.)

I did like the one you used to have though too.

Anonymous said...

I like the three-picture one with the current font. Maybe different pictures if you were tired of the three you had (from the choice of five we can see)?

Douglas Florian said...

Methinks your navy blue font is getting lost a bit. perhaps something brighter would stand out more. And why blue? There's no blue in the art.perhaps a deep red or maroon would reference the paintings.The gothic style of the top font works well because the art is not contemporary. A modern font wouldn't make sense.
douglas

Douglas Florian said...

and I would go back to three pictures: a trinity, right?

Douglas Florian said...

love it now in red
douglas

Becky said...

Thanks for your insight, Douglas. It was just a matter of finding the right shed of red that worked for me.