Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's Cybil time...


61 read, 74 to go on the Cybils books. (I'm on the YA panel). Of course, I'm not naive enough to think I can get to all 135 of them. But I can have fun trying. My goal is to read 75% of them. (Right now I'm at 45%.)

You can tell it's Cybil times because I've got a huge stack of books by my computer that need reviewing.

I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
The Comeback Season by Jennifer E. Smith
Cleavage: Breakaway Fiction for Real Girls. Edited by Deb Loughead & Jocelyn Shipley
Play Me by Laura Ruby
Isabelle's Boyfriend by Caroline Hickey
The Secret Story of Sonia Rodriguez by Alan Lawrence Sitomer

and one lonely non-Cybil book

The Stowaway by R.A. Salvatore and Geno Salvatore.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the Disreputable History in my review stack too. I can't imagine trying to read that many books in that time. Go, go!

Lenore Appelhans said...

If anyone could read them all, it would be you!

Abby said...

Heh. I have a similar stack by my computer right now. (Interestingly enough they are all different books, though...)

Charlotte said...

I actually am still think I can read all on my list for sci fi/fantasy that I can get a hold of, even though it's patently ridiculous!

Unknown said...

Charlotte, you may just do that, the way you're burning through the books! Both you and Becky are amazing: currently Charlotte is #4 on the list of panelists who have read the most books, and Becky is #5. The top three are all reading picture books (not to denigrate their achievements, either, but picture books don't take quite as long) so Charlotte and Becky top the list for most number of longer books read. Frankly, I'm amazed at the number of books some of the panelists have read this year, and I've been a panelist in past years.

Just to clarify your post, Becky: The Stowaway by R.A. Salvatore and Geno Salvatore is a Cybils nominee, just not in your category,