Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Salon: Playlist for Shooting the Moon

On Monday I'll have an interview with Frances O'Roark Dowell to share with you. I am VERY excited! I just loved, loved, loved her book Shooting the Moon.

Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell. $13.59 (hardcover) 9+ My review. "Beautifully written--almost lyrical in fact--Shooting the Moon is the story of a girl, Jamie Dexter. Twelve-and-going-on-thirteen, Jamie has a lot to learn about life, about love, about family, and about friendship." (Set during the Vietnam War).

How did I arrive at this playlist? I asked the author for a few suggestions. Then I relied on finding a top 100 list for the year. (Also on my own knowledge of music--having Billboard's 1969 album). But the *main* factor was whether the songs could be found on Project Playlist.




© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: