Monday, November 17, 2008

Challenge progress

What ongoing challenges do I have that end by December 31, 2008?

Initials Reading Challenge
host: Becky of Becky’s Book Review; But has own site for reviews
dates: April 1, 2008 - November 30, 2008
books required: 5

Note: I've read 18 books so far. I had initially wanted to read The Once and Future King by T.H. White and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. But I just don't see that happening.

Series Challenge Season 2
Crazy Cozy Murders
dates: June 1, 2008 - November 30, 2008
books required: participant decides

Note: I've read twelve books. Almost everything that I set out to do. Except the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Chunkster Challenge
host: So Many Books, So Little Time
dates: January 7th- December 20th
books required: 4

Note: I've read sixteen books.

Fall into Reading 2008
Host: Callapidder Days
Dates: September 22nd - December 20th 2008
Books required: Participant Decides

Note: I've read twenty books. The remaining books on my list include Lord of the Rings, The Once and Future King, and Pemberley Shades by D.A. Bonavia-Hunt.

Mythopoeic Award
host: Foxy writer
dates: all of 2008
books required: 7

Note: I've read three books. This challenge is not going to get finished in time. No way. No how.

2008 TBR Challenge
host: Mizbooks
dates: all of 2008
books required: 12

Note: I've read TEN books. Two more to go. On this list of possibilities: A Little Princess by Frances Burnett, The Once and Future King by T.H. White, Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor, Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech, Uprising by Margaret Peterson Haddix, A True and Faithful Narrative by Katherine Sturevant, A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson.

Inklings Mini-Challenge
host: Becky’s Book Reviews
dates: all of 2008
books required: 4

Note: I've read 9 books. I'm lacking the Lord of the Rings trilogy, however.

In Their Shoes Reading Challenge
host: own site
dates: all of 2008
books required: participant decides

Note: I've read five books.

Celebrate the Author Challenge
host: Becky’s Book Reviews
dates: all of 2008
books required: 12

Note: I've read ten books. November (L.M. Montgomery's Emily of New Moon OR Frances Burnett's A Little Princess) and December remain.

Cardathon Challenge
host: me (but has its own site)
dates: all of 2008
books required: participant decides

Note: I've read around 40 books.

100+Book Reading Challenge
host: its own blog, its own yahoo group, its own shelfari group
dates: all of 2008
books required: 100 or more

Note: four months ago I was at 229. I'm sure it's doubled by now.

A Well Rounded Challenge
host: Jan (own blog)
dates: July 1, 2008 - December 31, 2008
books required: 6

Note: I've read 8 books.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Serena said...

Wow, that is a lot of challenges...I'm only doing the fall into reading challenge...thank goodness.

Debi said...

You are a reading goddess, my dear!