Sunday, November 16, 2008

Themed Reading Challenge 2009



Themed Reading Challenge 2009
Wendy of Caribousmom

February 1, 2009 - July 31, 2009
4 to 6 books

Becky's Theme(s)
1) Books with a proper name in the title
2) Classics published before 1920

Pool of books to choose from:

Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
Roxana by Daniel Defoe
Pamela by Samuel Richardson
Clarissa by Samuel Richardson
Joseph Andrews (and Shamela) by Henry Fielding
Ruth by Elizabeth Gaskell
Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
Fanny Hill by John Cleland
Daniel Deronda by George Eliot
Felix Holt by George Eliot
Romola by George Eliot
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens (if I'm brave)
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (if I'm brave)
Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Translated by Richard Pevear.
Evelina by Fanny Burney
Cecilia by Fanny Burney
Rachel Ray by Anthony Trollope
Ayala's Angel by Anthony Trollope
Hester* by Margaret Oliphant (if I buy it)
Miss Marjoribanks* by Margaret Oliphant (if I buy it)


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cool - I like your combination of themes, Becky! Glad you'll be joining this one again in 2009!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about this. I will be joining the challenge. Here are my themes and books. Good luck with the challenge!

Beth F said...

Great theme -- and I like your blog's new look.

Tricia said...

I've never completed a reading challenge other than MR's 48 hour challenge. I have so enjoyed reading the results of your many efforts that I may try one next year.

I'm afraid, however, that this one has me stumped. There's so much to choose from? How do you decide what themes to choose?

Anonymous said...

I will see if I have time for this one next year as it sounds fun. I like your themes and have no doubt you will complete it.

Beth F said...

I just got my theme together. I like your combination.